The trend of renting a car is mostly predominant in urban and well populated areas over owning the same. It is because of the rising cost of maintenance, insurance and fuel in the UK which has led to more and more people opting for renting a car as owning more than one seems to be an impractical choice of lifestyle. The percentage of ownership of cars has drastically gone down in the recent past, and the trend seems to follow the same path in the coming years too. Nowadays due to the availability of numerous substitutes like that of public transport and cycling schemes, people are spoilt for choice when it comes to moving around.
The demand for renting cars is observed to be rising particularly from the residential areas either with people not owning a car or with limited number of vehicles. It is more prevalent around locations away from the airport as it seems to be more convenient for commutation to both city locations and outskirts.
Availability of Car Hiring Companies
With the advent of innumerable car rental companies across U.K, people have the scope to choose either a small town car, with automatic or manual gears, or bigger options for the need to transport a good number of people and other commodities for that matter. The process of renting cars too have simplified over time.With a simple click on the various links available over the internet, bookings can be easily made.
Use of online reservation systems have emerged making the entire process all the more consumer friendly and convenient. With this consumers have options to compare prices and select the best suitable offer to avail off. There are numerous online communities which allow users to directly contact drivers or car rental agencies to rent their cars safely and derive money in the process. Various mobile application tools too have emerged for bookings likewise.
Hiring Cars in Wembley
Wembley an area which lies within London, near the Welsh Harp Reservoir, is today one of the popular junctions which offer a wide range of car rental services. It is because of the location of this place that companies have emerged over time with a variety of offerings.
Primarily there are three reasons for rising demand of renting cars in this place.
· It is mainly a residential area, with a considerable population.
· The location offers a plethora of places to visit for sightseeing like the Wembley Arena, St.Stephen’s Church, Wembley Stadium, Barham Park to name a few.
· Owing to the wide range of connectivity people can also choose to visit Wembley and mainland Europe.
Hiring Cars over Ownership
Nowadays with the rising cost of living, it is practically impossible to own cars in UK. At the same time, having a car at your disposal too is required. There can be various needs associated with cars, like an attribute to lifestyle, travel and to cater to exigencies. Need arises due to situations and are completely individualistic. People have shifted to renting cars over owning the same due to recurring costs associated with it. So in order to not incur costs on a daily basis and at the same time enjoy the experience of a car people are willing to pay for a temporary luxury experience. Also with most companies, offering comprehensive insurance facilities, renting cars is a pleasant and hassle free experience.
Various packages are designed to suit the needs and pockets of all income levels, along with a variety of options as offerings to enhance a consumer’s overall experience. Renting cars is the best way to manage your expenses on a monthly note. Sometimes though people get sentimental over ownership but it is always practical for a middle class family in UK to opt out for renting rather than buying. Ideally a reason why it helps saving costs is because you don’t have to worry about the regular maintenance cost of insurance and repair.
You also get to ride newer options very frequently depending on the time period that you have hired the car for. People wanting to change their owned cars also have to worry about ways to dispose of the previous one which in itself involves a lot of worry. Hence in case of rented cars people do not have to worry about the resale options required. Also the one more thing that can be taken care off while renting cars is the low initial payment in comparison to the payments made for purchase of cars.
With the rising cost of interest on car loans renting a car is always better than owning the same. We shall now understand the various nuances of car rentals in the following sections.
Variety of Cars on Hire
Choosing a car depends on the purpose for which you are opting to rent. Sometimes it also depends on the availability of the vehicle. So it is always advisable to choose and rent well in advance. With the rising demand of cars on rent, availability and matching the same with the budget becomes a constraint. Almost always it is observed that consumers tend to pay more in order to avail cars, due to unavailability of options.
In such cases it is also recommended that consumers choose else from other service providers rather than sticking to the same ones. Most of the people do not shift loyalty owing to the level of experience once shared. However be the case, whether the travel is for a single person, or for a number of people it is always better to evaluate options but deciding on one.
Following are the basic categories available to choose from-
1. Spacious people carriers
2. Economy class
3. Luxury class
All these sections further have sports, convertibles, hatchbacks, vans, estates. They also have options to customize cars as per consumer demands. So ideally whether it a functional Toyota to a luxurious Mercedes, practically every range of cars is available for hire.
Process of Hiring a Car
Exploring Wembley and choosing it as a starting point of travel is the best possible thing to do. It gives you the freedom to experience sightseeing in a new way. The major lookout of any consumer is to opt for the easiest and the most convenient search, when it comes to booking a car on rent. Ideally the below mentioned points need to be catered to people by service providers-
1. Choosing a simplified option for booking- like for instance, search, select and book. The ideal situation is in cases where there is no account set up required.
2. The other most important feature a consumer looks for is the reliability of the service provider.
3. Variety of cars to choose from. Also delivery and collection of customers in case they are unable to find the location of the nearest branch to do their booking is an added feature that is offered nowadays.
4. Various offers like that of packages, deals to serve a client is a major proposition. The quality and condition of the car should be appealing enough to give consumers a near ownership experience though temporary. Most companies offer brand new vehicles to customers for hire these days.
5. Service time delivery, behavior of drivers, calls centre representatives, and after sale service are major drivers of the business.
6. Comparing the deals and finding out if the service provider is actually selling the deals or nor, or are there any hidden costs or conditions applicable. It is always better to cross check the breakup of the tour expenses in order to understand how much exactly you are paying for the service. It is also advisable to check the functioning of the meter boxes, the overall condition of the car provided. Online prices should be competitive and best in class.
7. As the saying goes across that prevention is better than cure, the same holds true for car rentals too. With the increase in the crime rates and cases of fraud consumers are advised to be cautious of the service provider background. A thorough research of the background and the overall reviews against the company need to be evaluated before availing of the service. Safeties of customers are emerging as a top priority concern to be taken care of by car rental agencies. So it is made mandatory for majorly all drivers to sign up a rental agreement along with producing various other credentials like driving license details, landline telephone bills to verify address. All these documents need to be registered with the police. Several background checks need to be conducted before employment. And consumers should ask the service provider to share the details of the driver beforehand. Also various branches at nearby locations is a mandate for customers to solve queries or problems.
8. Before entering into an agreement with the service provider it is mandatory to go through all the details before signing the same. Also it is seen that sales person try to incorporate and club in last minute offers to the contract. It is advised to refrain from entertaining such propositions. It is also essential to have a copy of your request receipt for further reference.
Companies Offering Car Hire Services in Wembley
Wembley is a prime location for tourists and owing to the well connectivity it offers there are numerous companies available to renting cars. Companies offering to hire cars are available as a standalone company located at various places or near airports. There are also various outlets available, hence consumers can book cars from whichever place they are in.
Such companies have a wide range of offering of cars for consumers to choose from as per need. They offer quick fix solution to people who either do not own a car, or temporarily want a substitute for their primary car. These companies offer to rent cars solely for the purpose of business and generally do not wish to offer cars on sale.
Yes Car Rentals provides for a complete set of cars for hire, in Wembley. It is a one stop solution for all hiring needs for cars with friendly and reliable service. It has a wide range of offers daily to choose from with a minimum locking period of 28 days for hiring a car. From luxury to economy class there is a variety of cars to choose from to suit your needs. What’s more! It gives car on hires for a self driven experience, to students and the younger generation. This way it has made hiring cars easily accessible to all.
Time Period for Hiring Cars
Time period for renting cars varies from company to company. It is ideally a small time commitment between the consumer and the company. Companies which offer options to hire do not generally have cars for lease or sale. Most companies offer cars to be on hire for days, weeks or sometimes for a minimum commitment of 28 days.
Mode of Payment
These days with the help of various online portals available, payments can be made very easily. Most companies opt for prepaid bookings in order to guarantee assurance of the booking. There are various payment gateways to facilitate faster process of reservation confirmation.
In some cases where the booking are made via credit cards and the person concerned is not available at the time of payment. In such cases a third party authorization form needs to be duly filled up by the customer at the start of the rental. This also assures that the consumer is well aware of the terms and conditions.
However failing to abide by such regulations, the booking shall not be honored.
General Guidelines for Hiring Cars
· All regulations are in accordance with the reservation system for vehicle rent. Most companies allow consumers to make bookings via online modes of reservation. The consumer should be well aware of the norms while making the move. The essence of the agreement has to be understood that whether the terms are in direct association between the company and the consumer or is it via a vendor. In such cases special guard needs to be taken to understand the nuances involved in agreements
· All information pertaining to credit card and other related details are governed under the protection of personal data law.
· In case of service requests not honored between the agent and the consumer, the agent is responsible only for a limited liability for the amount accountable for agent commission and not other services. In most cases the agent is not responsible for reimbursement of already paid up expenses.
· Generally while making a reservation, a token amount needs to be paid for initiation of the process with the rest of the balance payable at the point of delivery. However in some cases the entire amount needs to be paid off early with additional amounts payable at service delivery on account of extra fuel or kilometers travelled.
· Many a time’s changes in the reservation can be made with the help of additional features in the website. However they don’t accept changes in payment. Before proceeding to the payment gateway, consumers should always check thoroughly the prices, the kilometers of travel locations. In case of any discrepancies immediate notifications should be raised for the same.
· Cancellation requests can be entertained within 48 hours, in case of most rental companies. However the customer cannot ask for refund of the rental service cost. Situations where the entire amount was on a prepaid term, the company has rights to deduct off the amount equivalent to a sum of 3 days charge, card processing fees.
· Rental service costs come under the non-refundable price. Even though protection of cancellation assures the consumer that the entire sum of money paid for the booking of the car shall be refunded back, however the amount that is paid for the cancellation protection and the credit card is not included.
· Most companies offer a membership loyalty scheme. This offers members to gather discount points for every service they avail. Such instances enable users to avail of the discount within a time period that they wish too.
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Hiring Cars in Wembley
Choosing to rent a car is always an easier option in comparison to either owning them or relying on public transport. It brings in a lot of convenience to people. Sometimes additional costs too can be waved off if you are a good driver yourself. In such cases you can simply go ahead in terms of hiring the car without having to worry or depend on the driver.
All you need would be a good travel guide with an approximate estimation of kilometers and time for travel which would enable your travel experience all the more enjoyable. A couple of things have to be taken care of while hiring cars, as otherwise it may lead to costly expenditures. The below mentioned pointers are the basic things that need to be taken care off while renting cars.
1. Background Check
It is always necessary to do a background verification of the company from which you are hiring the car. There are numerous cases of fraud and such things should be taken guard against. The common trait of such companies is they generally opt out for a prepaid model and consumers will mandatorily have to make the entire payment before taking the car on rent.
You have to be utterly careful in such cases as vital information like that of your credit/debit card details are revealed to the company. Hence it is always recommended to take cars from established and proper firms, as it might so happen that your money will go down the drain and you may not find the car you were looking forward to hire. Sometimes the company also vanishes the next day after the payment has been done.
2. Speak to Customer Care Executive
Before hiring the car it is always better to speak to the customer care executive upfront. Car should be hired only from such people who have the proper knowledge and expertise to guide a person to hiring the car. The person should engage a customer and explain him the value added benefits that he might derive out of renting a particular model over the other. People who are not willing to explain you the services they have to offer or are blindly taking your request should be avoided.
3. Understand Your Requirements
It is always advised to first understand your requirement before taking a decision towards hiring the car. The decision to hire a car should never be out of an impulse. Say for instance, you come across a luxury car that is on offer to be hired and you immediately decide upon to hire the same in order to get a feel of the car, would be a very wrong thing to do. It is so because in the process you might not have checked the condition of the car or other nuances involved with the car. Eventually when you do hire it, you might see that you will have to take responsibility of all the problems associated with the car.
4. Check the Condition of the Car
While hiring cars, the most important thing to check for is the condition of the car. Sometimes impulse driven decisions might lead us to overlook the internal condition and people might be swooned over only by the exterior of the car. It is very important to understand the fuel consumption capacity, the mileage offering, the driving comfort, spare part availability, and the overall feedback of the car.
You should also take a note of the insurance coverage of the car and whether the car is a premium defaulter or not. Pollution check, road tax payment are other major things to be taken care of. When it comes to the exterior look of the car, look closely for scratches, dents so on and so forth. These looks will help you to be in a better place to judge across whether the money you are paying for is genuine or not.
5. Test Drive the Car
While hiring car always note to take a test drive of the same, before making your decision to hire it. Consider all conditions to check through in the same way as you would do while purchasing a car. Like for example, check whether the air conditioning is working fine or not, along with the fuel indicators, clutch, accelerator and the brakes too. In case you have any discrepancies on the running condition, you can always go ahead in terms of rethinking your decision.
6. Verify the Driver’s Previous Records
In case you are looking ahead to hire car along with the drivers, always look into the driving records of your driver. Nearby police station numbers should be kept handy. You should check through the validity of the license of the driver and whether he has had a history of car accidents or not. In such cases the agencies should be immediately notified to find a replacement of the driver. It is always good not to be associated with any legal hassles later on.
Groundwork research is mandatory while choosing a car rental company. The basic search might involve you to ask the company about the past list of clients to whom they offered services and their feedbacks. You should take precautions against not to rapidly choose from cheaper offerings as it has a lot to manipulate a consumer’s mind and lead him to making a wrong choice.
It is always required to understand the terms and conditions of the contract offering before agreeing on the same in order to avoid any hidden costs later on. It is always better to go ahead with references of past clients in order to avoid misleading deals.
Leveraging Car Rental Services in Wembley
Car rental trend is rising up the curve gradually. More and more people are looking forward to a new driving experience without directly associated with the huge amount of cost involved in ownership else. Renting cars gives an additional edge to save costs on maintenance required for periodic insurance and repair of parts. Hence renting cars give people the sense of ownership though for a short period of time, but a satisfying one indeed. However renting cars do have their own downsides as well, but if properly researched can lead to a fulfilling experience for life.
While ownership involves a lot of perils renting gives you the same feel without the perils involved. Presence of mind and a proper homework shall ensure the rent to be of a quality one and the experience to remember for a lifetime.
Renting cars for a limited time period offers two major options- sometimes you can renew your rent contract with the company or the agency and sometimes companies can offer you to buy the car at a cheaper cost. This way you can be in a better place to judge whether to renew the sane model for rent or not. And in case the car is coming across with a good deal a purchase decision can also be made likewise.
Having driven the car you will be able to make a better decision to own a rented car or not. It is of uttermost importance to work out personal priorities with respect to finances before concluding on decisions.
In order to sum up the entire decision making process the below pointers may guide you –
1. Understand the purpose of the car- ideally your requirement.
2. The time period of rent vs the cost.
3. Condition of the vehicle on hire.
4. Mileage, air conditioning, tyres, engine, insurance to be checked amongst other features.
5. The rental agreement and the terms of the same.
6. Reputation of the company from which you are hiring.
7. Customer reviews, reliability, genuineness of the company.
8. Background of the driver.
9. Comparison of deals with other companies.
10. Cross checking all the possible nooks and corners of the agreement.
One thing you need to consider is the time period offered for the rent. Long time periods of rent should be avoided as it involves a deeper commitment level from the customer to take care of the car during the period of rent. Sometimes it so happens that during this time period all maintenance cost needs to be taken care off. Negotiation is too important when it comes to the payment of the car for rent. Sometimes dealers look forward to the entire payment to be made at the time of rent. Such offers should be avoided.
It is always advised to break the entire amount as small installments which can be paid at regular times. The amount that you are paying needs to be understood full as in whether it includes the insurance or the young driver fee or not. Hence quotations should be taken. In order to make the right decision it is always important to understand the variations. Quality of offer is the most important point of consideration while renting a car.
Only and only when all the above mentioned pointers have been considered the decision to rent a car should be made. All terms and conditions like the mileage, insurance coverage and the condition of the car should be mentioned clearly in the agreement. Besides this the tenure of rent along with a clear breakup of the cost should also be included in the same.
Customer care executives should be the first point of contact to help solve any queries related to the rent. They should be in a position to guide the consumer well and keep them updated about all the offers, discounts as such. All such offers should also be mentioned in the contract. Most importantly awareness is the key to making the right choice. And in case help is required, internet is the best medium nowadays to guide the consumer.
Even though the customer today is well equipped with all the necessary tools to help him make a decision, I personally feel the best way is to stick to customer feedbacks and references by clients while choosing a car rental company.
Author Bio: Vineet Agarwal has been long associated with V1 Technologies which offers world class Website Design, SEO & PPC, Domain & Hosting, Mobile AppDevelopment and other similar services. Aside from being a dynamic entrepreneur, Vineet is an avid traveller and loves exploring new countries and culture. Discount car rentals interest him largely and he has been extensively sharing his knowledge with friends and peers about discount car rentals and mistakes to avoid when hiring cars.